Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why So Serious?


The Dark Knight Rises comes out this Thursday so they've been showing old Batman movies on TV the past week. Having liked The Dark Knight, and dismissing the fact that it took me 3 tries to get through Batman Begins, I'm looking forward to its release.

Naturally, then, Batman has been on the brain. So to stave off the boredom I've felt the majority of the day I did a quick sketch of the caped crusader early this evening. I can't take any credit for coming up with an original drawing, but until I become an anatomy aficionado, copying will have to do! Besides, it was fun.

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture! Anatomy can be hard.

    There are two methods I've learned (though I'm sure more exist):
    - Store at object, not at paper, draw outline of object without lifting pencil.
    - Turn picture upside down and draw geometric shapes that make up the figure.

    I think I use some combination of the two.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cam!

    That's true about looking at the object more. We often rely on drawing what we think we know rather than what's actually in front of us.

    ReplyDelete