Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

EDM #8 - Draw your watch or other piece of jewelry



A couple of years ago I went to Italy with my now husband and in-laws. Everyone I talked to who had gone there before had glowing reviews of the place. For whatever reason I was initially a bit skeptical but once I arrived, I quickly discovered what everyone was talking about. We spent some time in Rome, Venice, and Florence. Each city had its particular flavour, all of it enjoyable. I got this necklace when we were on the island of Murano. Located just outside of Venice, its famous for producing quality glasswork.


The watercolors don't really reflect the purplish-blue color of the necklace but I guess this will be my interpretation. Done on Langton Prestige watercolour paper and outlined with the dip pen and ink set I also bought in Venice. 


Pen and ink: the beginning of a beautiful friendship?
I haven't gotten into the habit yet, but I've been doing a lot of research lately on fountain pens and various inks. I've never committed myself to trying calligraphy but it might be something I'd like to experiment with. I recently purchased a Lamy Safari fountain pen from eBay to get started, and at the very least it'll be a decent drawing pen. It generally gets good reviews. What other kinds of things are people getting into these days? 

No comments:

Post a Comment