Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend wrap up


 Bahji
This past weekend I had both Friday and Saturday off, what a novelty. Since my husband and I are leaving Haifa soon, our schedules are quickly filling up, more than when we left the first time last year. I'm glad to have a second chance at connecting with people who I may not even had gotten to know very well before. Yesterday we went to Bahji, which was nice. I'll miss those peaceful moments.

One of the things I like doing is taking note of any new birds I come across in my routine. When we were walking back to the Bahji Visitors' Centre, we came across some bird tracks in the sand.


Not much further away were the same ones but tiny!


Well, it is spring, isn't it? On our way back out to the road a pair of Spur-winged Lapwings swooped at us after we got too close trying to take their photo. It quickly occurred to us that they must have built their nest on the mulch covered traffic island. Funny that they chose there of all places. 











2 comments:

  1. Erin! This is so sweet, but you have to stop talking about leaving. Sad face.

    I love that you're making connections as you prepare to go, not just with people, but also with these places. You really have to see a place in order to draw it. Looking forward to seeing more of these moments on paper, from here and Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenna. I'm glad you're enjoying what I have so far. I hope to continue the process and see if my relationship with events evolve as my drawing evolves.

    In the meantime I'll do my best to limit talk of this whole leaving business...

    ReplyDelete