Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Just down the street


Went out early afternoon on Saturday. Didn't go much further than going down the street, but I at least wanted to take advantage of the weather and keep up the intended goal of doing one longer drawing per week. After awhile the sun got too intense for me, and I lost the motivation to do anything else in depth. I was probably out for about an hour or so before going back home. Drawn first in pencil and then inked later.

There's some people out there with pretty awesome stuff. They keep me inspired and push me to expand my abilities -- hopefully without debilitating comparison. Some people draw on location for the sake of capturing a moment, much like keeping a regular diary or taking a photograph. Others are committed to a form of reportage, visually creating eyewitness accounts of events.  Here is but a sample of the things out there: 
Veronica Lawlor







kiezflohmarkt_3_050512
Rolf Schroeter
Masjid Jamae
Don Low
Alcázar de Sevilla. Patio de las Doncellas
Inma Serrano
coffe club
Ekaterina Khozatskaya



Peter's Yard
Wil Freeborn

No comments:

Post a Comment